We have the experience to help you with design and functionality by first understanding your family’s unique needs.
System-Built means quality, strength, and efficiency.
- Typically use 20-30% more material in the framing to insure safe and secure travel to its destination.
- Glue is used in addition to nails and screws for more solid assembly.
- Greater care is given to the floor’s layout and strength to insure it’s ability to carry the weight of the rest of the home during travel to site.
- Increased purchasing power when ordering materials allowing first pick in the lumber market and volume discounts.
- Full-time craftsmen supervised by quality control experts at each stage of construction process.
- Not delayed rain, snow or other adverse conditions unlike conventional outdoor construction.
- Eliminating construction delays means lower interest payments for the construction period.
- Building materials are stored indoors and are not subject to bad weather for lengthy periods of time.
- Computer engineered to meet all national, state & local building standards.
- Shipped to areas with different zoning codes meaning our homes must meet the highest standards.
- 10 year structural warranty.
- Financed, appraised and sold the same as a site-built home.
American Custom Builders evolved in 2004 when Sam & Chris Switzer decided to expand their housing services in NW Ohio. They saw the need for quality built homes at an affordable price that could be moved into much faster than a conventional site-built home.
After researching different options they chose to provide custom “system-built” homes. This method allows for high-quality custom homes to be built much faster and with better cost control.
What Our Clients Say
We love our American Custom Builders home! It was great doing business with Chris!
– Judy Gibson
It's rare to find such genuine, knowledgeable and trustworthy people willing to go to the extra mile. We feel truly blessed for the opportunity to work with Chris and American Custom Builders. We would definitely recommend this process to anyone considering building a home.
– Brian & Alyssia McDowell, Defiance
We were impressed from the start with Chris's knowledge about the process from the factory tour, to guiding us in various selections from floor plans to other options... thank you for making the process of making a big investment easier.
– Ward & Karen Kimberly, Evansport
Our American Customer Builders home was a great decision. We were guided through every step and are now enjoying our new home.
– Mike & Vicki Brown, Columbus Grove
We told American Custom Builders if they could not meet our plans within inches, there was no use in talking. Chris really handled everything for us. First time you have probably heard of a husband and wife having a new home built and we never even argued. It was really that smooth.
– Kenneth & Lisa Marihugh, Defiance
Thank you for all of your help. It is rare these days to find someone who actually cares about their customers!.. You have been great throughout this whole process...
– Crystal Mossburg, Bryan
Chris and her staff were extremely helpful in getting us exactly what we wanted...The home was finished on time, which allowed us to move in as originally scheduled...We highly recommend American Custom Builders.
– Todd & Tara Yunker
I know I made the right decision down sizing from a two story home. The floor plan fits my life style... I could not have done this without your help.
– Susie Bacon, Defiance
Take the First Step Today
From design to the final walk-through, we're dedicated to ensuring you're just as happy with the design process as the end result.